Early Childhood Development Summit 2018
Call for Proposals
Developing Sustainable Partnerships for Early Childhood Education and Development: Innovations and Sustainability Through Education Diplomacy in Action
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request Call for Proposals information. You will receive an email within 24 hours with the information.
ACEI is an international organization driven by the belief that education is essential to human development. Since 1892, this core belief remains the same as the organization looks at human development on a global scale and see how education has the power to change lives. Today, ACEI’s commitment to advancing education translates to a commitment to education as a tool for global development and sustainable futures for all.
The IOC is a committee of ACEI and members reach out across the world to share ACEI’s mission and programs more broadly. The IOC members are organizing the 2nd ECD Summit 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal. The shared objective of this summit will engage diverse stakeholders, and local and international early childhood experts in discussions and knowledge exchanges about early childhood education and development, interventions in nutrition, early stimulation, maternal health, parenting and school readiness to develop sustainable partnerships that will reduce inequities.
The IOC members are pleased to invite submissions for workshops sessions. Proposals are requested to support the ECD Summit 2018 theme “Developing Sustainable Partnerships for Early Childhood Education and Development: Innovations and Sustainability Through Education Diplomacy in Action.”
Deadline for submission: 30 April 2018
Conference Dates: 2-4 June 2018
Venue - Himalayan Hotel, Lalitpur, Nepal
Summit Strands (related to SDGs)
*Education Diplomacy: Developing sustainable partnerships
*Child-rights Based Approaches: Achieving ECD Targets
a. Eradicating Child Poverty
b. Ensuring the Child’s Right to Thrive: Survival, Protection, Development, and Livelihood
c. Ensuring the Child’s right to Nutrition, and Health, Proper Hygiene and Sanitation
• SDG 1: End hunger achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
• SDG 2: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
• SDG 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
• SDG 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation
*Access, Quality, Equity and Inclusive Practices
a. Ensuring access, equity and quality education for children in emergencies settings
b. Ensuring quality ECD services and education for the marginalized and underserved populations
c. Ensuring gender equality through inclusive practices
d. Ensuring the participation and inclusion of all children
e. Promoting high-quality, culturally responsive teacher education and professional development and training
• SDG 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
• SDG 5: Gender equality
• SDG 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Identify strengths and challenges in developing sustainable partnerships with NGOs and INGOs to promote and ensure high quality ECD within the Nepal context.
- Understand the SDGs as a framework for promoting child-rights based approaches to ECD.
- Explore evidence-based, culturally responsive practices on the role of Nepali Culture/ Language in addressing issues of quality ECD services. Recognize culturally appropriate, “child-friendly” practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality environments that support development, growth, culture and language in meaningful ways.
- Build networks for knowledge sharing across ECD programs.
- Identify strengths of existing teacher preparation programs and explore ideas for further enhancements/expansion of teacher education/professional development.
- Create plan of action for ongoing knowledge exchange and future collaboration.