CDA Candidate Info
Welcome and Information for CDA Candidates
The Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) is a credential currently offered primarily in the United States by the Council for Professional Recognition. The credential is based on a core set of competency standards that guide early care professionals as they work toward becoming qualified teachers of young children. As a CDA Candidate, you have a very important role in the care and education of children.
ACEI was a member of the original CDA consortium that helped to develop the CDA. Therefore, ACEI is pleased to continue its support of the CDA credential and provide you with quick and convenient access to resources that enhance your professional development. By becoming a member of ACEI, you have access to benefits (listed below in the "About Membership" section).
ACEI provides information and publishes articles on child development and childhood education issues. ACEI publishes the Early Years Bulletin, a resource on issues that impact teaching and learning for children ages 0-6. Visit our website regularly for information on upcoming conferences and new updates.
ACEI is pleased to offer access to online training for early care and education professionals through collaboration with Child Care Education Institute (CCEI). Click here for more information.
- Access to 6 free hours of online training from CCEI.
- A subscription to five issues of the ACEI Exchange.
- A subscription to ACEI E-news (e-mail address required).
- Four issues of the Early Years Bulletin. Please note that you are a CDA candidate on your membership application and provide your email address.
- Access to discounts on insurance plans, including professional liability, health, car, and life.
- Opportunities to join with colleagues through ACEI Network Groups.
- Savings on registration to ACEI events.
Perspectives From Around the World
How are countries around the globe designing and implementing curriculum?