Childhood Explorer is an online publication that focuses specifically on the experience of childhood around the world. In its pages, you will find informative and inspirational stories about childhood and about projects and campaigns that provide quality education, care, and support to children and youth in diverse communities and circumstances. Please see the Call for Manuscripts at the bottom of this page.
Back issues in pdf form are linked below (click on cover image and then click the bottom corners to turn the pages).
Call for Manuscripts:
We invite you to submit short, 1- to 3-page, articles for consideration. We are seeking narrative,
conversational articles that stay focused on a personal story of childhood, while connected to a
global issue concerning childhood and children's education.
Topics of interest are:
Daily life of a child in a particular geographic location/culture/socioeconomic situation/life circumstance
NGO initiatives to support children's well-being and education
Programs/approaches and how they work through real-life application
Global trends in education:
• Partnerships• Global shifts in language use/cultural practices• Global citizenship
• Changes in teacher education• Privatization• Distance learning – technical expertise/infrastructure
• Green schools• Classroom technology• Character education/community service
• International baccalaureate• Global education in curriculums, standards• Funding
• Home language/ESL/Bilingual• How is education being delivered• School security• Legal issues
Global trends affecting childhood:
• Climate change• Conflict and disaster• Poverty and alleviation efforts• Global health
• Population growth• Migration• Globalization
Please see author guidelines and samples of the writing style and content we are seeking.
For more information about this publication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org