Mini-Grants for Special Projects
1. Award Description
Mini-grants are awarded to ACEI members to support the implementation of outstanding education related projects. Project descriptions are evaluated on the basis of their quality, importance to children’s education, and their potential for achieving impact. Projects can either be direct service projects, projects to improve classroom instruction, or projects to enhance teacher education.
2. Award Distribution
The number of awards provided depends on available annual funding. Mini-grants are typically $500 USD.
3. Review Process
4. Additional Information
Examples of funded mini-grant projects include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Teacher training programs
- Development of curriculum
- Designing play spaces for children
- Strategies to enhance learning environments.
Those wishing to apply must meet these requirements:
- Be an ACEI member for at least 3 years at the time of submission
- Describe their project in a comprehensive proposal that outlines details of the expected project outcomes.
Those awarded a mini-grant will be required to:
- Write a short article describing the project and outcomes which will be published by ACEI
- Attend and present findings at the Annual Conference in the year following the conclusion of the project.
* Priority will be given to those who have not been awarded a grant in the past three years.
The ACEI Board of Directors may not nominate individuals for this award and cannot be awarded during their term of board service. Those who have received this award in the past are ineligible to apply. Those who are serving on the awards committee may not apply and will not be eligible until one year following the end of their term of service.
7. Due Date
The deadline for nominations to be received by ACEI’s Headquarters Office is DECEMBER 1st.
The award is presented at ACEI’s Annual Conference. When possible, the award recipient will be highlighted in ACEI publications or news.
Multicultural Teaching in the Early Childhood Classroom