Qualifications for Candidates for the ACEI Board of Directors
The Nominations Committee of the Association for Childhood Education International seeks candidates for Board of Directors positions who demonstrate a clear commitment to furthering the education and well-being of children worldwide and are dedicated to promoting excellence in nonprofit governance. Board of Directors members play a critical role in making decisions regarding Association goals and the allocation of resources.
Through the recruitment, application, and slate selection process, the Nominating Committee works to achieve a slate that balances Board representation, to include individuals from:
- The global community (including representatives of nations other than the United States).
- The education sector and other human service-related sectors, such as health.
- The nonprofit management/governance sector.
- Sectors that influence or impact education, such as public policy or economics.
- Practitioners and academics.
Specifically, the Nominating Committee seeks candidates who possess the following attributes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ACEI’s mission and vision.
- Demonstrate a sincere commitment to the education and well-being of children, worldwide.
- Possess broad knowledge of the field of childhood education with an understanding of global movements that impact the lives of children.
- Represent diverse global geographic locations.
- Represent populations that reflect ACEI’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to promote excellence in nonprofit governance.
- Represent a spectrum of professionals invested in children’s education and well-being, including teachers of children, teacher educators, researchers, child advocates, social workers, health professionals, etc.
- Represent the business, financial, or legal professions, or associated professions, such as public policy or economics, while displaying a significant interest, or involvement, in children’s education and well-being.
Desired but not required:
- Experience living or working in more than one nation.
ACEI Membership is required for all applicants.
Perspectives From Around the World
How are countries around the globe designing and implementing curriculum?