Qualifications for Candidates for the ACEI Board of Directors
The Nominations Committee of the Association for Childhood Education International seeks candidates for Board of Directors positions who demonstrate a clear commitment to furthering the education and well-being of children worldwide and are dedicated to promoting excellence in nonprofit governance. Board of Directors members play a critical role in making decisions regarding Association goals and the allocation of resources.
Through the recruitment, application, and slate selection process, the Nominating Committee works to achieve a slate that balances Board representation, to include individuals from:
- The global community (including representatives of nations other than the United States).
- The education sector and other human service-related sectors, such as health.
- The nonprofit management/governance sector.
- Sectors that influence or impact education, such as public policy or economics.
- Practitioners and academics.
Specifically, the Nominating Committee seeks candidates who possess the following attributes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ACEI's mission and vision.
- Demonstrate a sincere commitment to the education and well-being of children, worldwide.
- Possess broad knowledge of the field of childhood education with an understanding of global movements that impact the lives of children.
- Represent diverse global geographic locations.
- Represent populations that reflect ACEI's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to promote excellence in nonprofit governance.
- Represent a spectrum of professionals invested in children's education and well-being, including teachers of children, teacher educators, researchers, child advocates, social workers, health professionals, etc.
- Represent the business, financial, or legal professions, or associated professions, such as public policy or economics, while displaying a significant interest, or involvement, in children's education and well-being.
- Desired but not required: Experience living or working in more than one nation.
ACEI Membership is required for all applicants.
Board applications are due to ACEI no later than 1 October 2015.
The following Board positions are open for the 2016 Election. Click on the title to read the position description.